Friday 12 April 2013

March Books

I didn't have a lot of time for reading in March, but the books I did read were a bit of an eclectic mix...


All That I am

All that I Am by Anna Funder

Based on true events, a story of German resistance to the rise of Hitler in the 1930s

Dirt Music

Dirt Music by Tim Winton

By Western Australia's favourite author, a tale of love, tragedy and fishing...



The Island by Victoria Hislop

I re-read this one - lovely story of family redemption set on the island of Crete

The Last Letter from Your Lover

The Last Letter from your Lover by Jojo Moyes

I love Jojo Moyes - this is a bit of a detective story chasing the writer of a long lost love letter

Peter Duck
Peter Duck by Arthur Ransome

I loved the Swallows and Amazons books when I was younger - real pirates in this one!



Jasper Jones

















Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

Craig Silvey is another Western Australian author - set in 1960s WA this is a story of friendship, racism and young love.

3 comments:

  1. The Island and The last letter from your lover look like books I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, Elli! You must be a great reader. I don't read as much as I'd like to, but with the cooler nights, I think reading in bed is the perfect thing! I've just become acquainted with Jojo Moyes over the past couple of years, will have to read this one you've recommended. I couldn't get in to Dirt Music, but Winton's The Riders is one of my all-time favourites. I will have to add some of your others to my reading list. I've just picked up some more reserves from our local library, so am okay for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty impressive list if you only read them during March! I enjoyed Dirt Music, but loved Jasper Jones when I read them.

    ReplyDelete