Wednesday 2 October 2013

What I read in September


My favourite book this month was The Vale Girl by Nelika McDonald - small town prejudice with a twist.

The Vale Girl

I also enjoyed Colin McLaren's telling of his Grandfather's experience in Gallipoli and the trenches of First World War France

Sunflower
I picked up The Handmaid's Tale in the Salvos book section and it was as chilling as the first time I read it in high school.


Blow on a Dead Man's Embers was a story of a family in a small Welsh village struggling to carry on in spite of wartime betrayals and secrets.


Blow on a Dead Man's Embers



1 comment:

  1. The Vale Girl sounds very interesting, I will have to add that to my list too. The Handmaid's Tale is one of my best ever reads. Haven't re-read it in a long time. Have you ever heard Margaret Attwood interviewed? She has a great sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete