Monday 12 August 2013

Grown Up Day

I finally got round to visiting the current exhibition at The Art Gallery of WA - Van Gogh, Dali and Beyond - a visiting exhibition from MOMA.
It was really worth a visit - lots of familiar paintings, and a few new ones. Here are a couple of my favourites:

I loved this painting - 'Schwenk' by Fairfield Porter. I had to wait for about ten minutes until a man with an audio guide moved out of the way... I don't know what his guide was telling him but it took a while!


And Picasso's goat skull sculpture - which just made me laugh really - I love his eyes.


Then I went for a wander around the permanent galleries and these were my favourites down there -

Arlatyite Dreaming by Emily Kam Kngwarreye


Kirrwirri and Kulyakartu by Daniel Walbidi


And my very favourite for their very Perthness - Flatland Fig A, Fig B, Fig C and Fig D by Joanna Lamb


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fantastic exhibition - perhaps the man was listening to a recipe?!

    ReplyDelete